|Responsibilities (this page)||News|
|AGM and Community Council||Community Council Home|
The Community Council meets each term to discuss fundraising ideas, organise the annual Fete, and support the school in its work.
The Council has responsibility to take decisions in the following areas:
- Supporting the development of the Catholic identity, ethos and mission of the school.
- Supporting pastoral care strategies in the school community.
- Promoting the school in the local community.
- Appointing a member to the school’s enrolment committee, if needed
- Developing, approving and monitoring the annual budget, including school determined levies, loan commitments and the fees collection and remission policy.
- Discussing the continuing Catholic education viability of the school.
- Developing and monitoring school enterprises, e.g. Outside School Hours Care, sports associations, hall hire.
- Developing capital and maintenance programs.
- Developing local strategic plans (finances, buildings, resources) and contributing to archdiocesan educational strategic planning.
- Facilitate local school community debate in response to System leadership by the CEC and the CEO in lobbying governments in school funding campaigns.
- Approving school uniform items decided at school level.
- Ensuring that the parish and school community receives the Annual Catholic School Community Council Report.
- Ensuring the expenditure of levies or funds is in keeping with Archdiocesan regulations.
- Provide input on parent priorities and suggest ideas about Catholic schooling for the school’s strategic plan.
- Raise money for resources as identified in the School’s Strategic Plan and Annual Budget process.
- Provide student and parent services e.g. Canteen and Uniform Shop.
- Provide support for school programs involving parents.
- Provide opportunities for social interaction and for parents to form supportive networks.
The Council has responsibility to provide advice in areas such as:
- Educational policies for the school.
- Student welfare policies.
- Parent support processes.
- Other matters as requested by the Parish Priest or Principal.
Page updated: 2 May 2018